A lot has happened in the past ten years… Britney Spears went from shaving her head to living her best life and going on tour again in 2018. Apple introduced the word “app” in 2007, launching the App store in 2008; today the average U.S. consumer spends 5 hours using mobile apps per day! But perhaps most importantly, WordStream went from a tiny little one-person company run out of a Panera Bread to a 300-person organization making a real dent in the digital advertising space.
That’s right, WordStream has officially reached double-digits! The days of saying “I work for a startup in Boston” are long gone for many old-school WordStreamers. New and old alike, WordStream employees could not be more excited to celebrate WordStream’s 10-year anniversary!
Aside from office celebrations, including a night out at Boston’s Colonnade poolside roof deck, we also want to celebrate with our most important people, YOU! WordStream would not be here without the support of our customers and followers, so we thank you from the bottom of our hearts for joining us on this crazy ride.
Now let’s look back on all that has happened in the last 10 years…
Here are a few highlights from our journey over the last decade:
- 2007: Larry Kim founds WordStream in a Panera Bread
- August, 2008: WordStream secures its first $4M Series A venture capital investment from Sigma Partners
- March, 2009: WordStream publishes its first blog post
- September, 2009: WordStream launches the Free Keyword Tool
- August, 2010: Ralph Folz joins WordStream as CEO
- December, 2010: WordStream releases the 20-Minute PPC Work Week
- July, 2011: WordStream releases “Most Expensive Keywords” infographic
- August, 2011: WordStream releases its free AdWords Performance Grader
- August, 2012: WordStream surpasses 500 clients
- August, 2013: WordStream is named to Inc. 5000 List of Fastest Growing Private Companies for the first time
- February, 2014: WordStream reaches 100 employees
- July, 2014: WordStream launches PPC University
- February, 2015: WordStream becomes a Google Premier Partner
- July, 2015: WordStream honored as one of Boston’s top five best places to work by the BBJ
- January, 2016: WordStream unveils new Facebook Advertising features
- September, 2016: WordStream celebrates $1 MILLION in AdWords Performance Grader reports
- February, 2017: Surpassing 200 employees, WordStream relocates to new office space at 101 Huntington Avenue
- May, 2017: Howard Kogan joins WordStream as President
- May, 2017: WordStream acquires display tech provider Algorithmic Ads
- August, 2017: WordStream makes Inc. 5000 list of Fastest-Growing U.S. Private Companies for fifth consecutive year
- November, 2017: WordStream named a top place to work by the Boston Globe
- May, 2018: WordStream is acquired for $130M by Gannett Co., Inc.
- August, 2018: WordStream is 10!
Cheers to the next 10!
P.S. Thanks to our superstar designer Kate Lindsay for creating the graphic!
Source: Search Marketing